Notice of Your Financial Privacy Rights
This is our privacy notice for our members. When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of members:
All of our consumer members who have a continuing relationship with us, such as:
• Deposit account
• Loan account
• Self-directed Individual Retirement Account where we act as custodian or trustee
We will tell you the sources for nonpublic personal information we collect on our members. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
• We, our, and us means Knoxville Teachers Federal Credit Union.
• Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
• An affiliate is a company we own or control.
• A nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
The Information That We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
• Information about your transactions with us
• Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
• Information from a consumer reporting agency
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as authorized by law.
The Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Your Nonpublic Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Nonaffiliated Third Parties
Since we value our member relationship with you, we will not disclose your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Former Members
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, KTFCU employs software programs through its ISP to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. Except for Virtual Branch logins, email, and on-line forms, we collect no information which would identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
• The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site.
• The date and time you access our site.
• The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query.
• Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Linux server code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, browser type and version, and protocol version.
The above information is gathered, stored, and analyzed only in the aggregate.
Except for Virtual Branch logins, KTFCU does not use “cookies.” (A “cookie” is a file placed on your hard drive by a Web site that allows it to monitor your visit, usually without your knowledge.) You can set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested and decide whether or not to accept it. However, cookies are an integral part of the overall security scheme of the Virtual Branch and log-ons cannot be completed without your browser’s cookies enabled. The cookies used by KTFCU expire upon the completion of your Virtual Branch session and are deleted from your PC when the “Sign Off” icon is clicked. No information is collected from your PC.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that E-mails us this information, the Credit Union staff and volunteers use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests, to answer questions, to follow up on suggestions or complaints, or to improve the level of service provided by KTFCU. We may store these requests to provide us with information for future improvements to our Web site. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide. Please be advised that e-mail and/or forms are secure against interception by unauthorized individuals only if appropriately indicated by the browser that you are using. Therefore, if you wish to communicate sensitive or personal information, you may want to send it through the Communications Inbox in Virtual Branch or by postal mail.
KTFCU does not give, sell or transfer personal information to third parties and we will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make only:
• Where it is necessary for completing transfers;
• In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
• In order to comply with government agency or court orders;
• Or if you give us written permission.